Chief Information Officer – Stockholm School of Economics
In 1903, a large sum of money was donated by the Swedish banker K.A. Wallenberg to establish a business school in Stockholm. Since 1909, the Stockholm School of Economics has educated more than 20,000 students, who in various ways have had an impact on the development of Swedish business and organizations. The Stockholm School of Economics is today the leading business school in the Nordic and Baltic countries and has a high reputation in Sweden as well as internationally.
In order to drive the expansion of SSE, the school is now looking for a Chief Information Officer to strengthen the IT team.
Experiences and Competences
- Experience from organizations where IT supports the business and with several stakeholders with different views
- Solid understanding of internal service delivery
- Experience of driving topics and change management strategically
- Competence in Business case driven for IT investments (strategic prioritization, service levels, capabilities, efficiency, costs, resources)
- Demonstrated experience in developing IT strategy, with a track record of successfully implementing and executing IT roadmaps
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate with various stakeholders as well as be responsive of organizational needs
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Track record of driving efficient IT processes, IT operations creating structure (including documentation) with limited resources.
Personality & Leadership
- Strong and stable leader: “people person”, clear, visible, present, be able to
develop/drive strategy, understands creating value with limited resources, communicates and builds trust towards stakeholders, integrity, execute projects based on budget and reach goals
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate with various stakeholders as well as responsive of organizational needs – service minded
- Perseverance and enjoys challenges an ability to make things happen in a smaller organization
- Structured, focused, systematic and “to the point” but still flexible
- Enjoys working for higher education and appreciates a greater purpose
- Lead IT with accountability, integrity and supporting/challenging the IT team
- Strong entrepreneurship and collaboration skills.
Overall Goals of the Role
- Develop and execute the SSE IT Roadmap
- Be part of ensuring that IT at SSE is like electricity – well functioning – so that all faculty, staff and students appreciates the IT function and the services it delivers
- Information-based technology is increasingly becoming a key element for any business school to compete, and SSE has a need to “step up the game”, to ensure IT supports the school’s strategy
- The new CIO will be a key player in ensuring that the governance and management of IT is such that it can be a key part of the school’s strategy.
DO YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION?
We’re looking forward to answer your questions and supply you with more information. Please contact:
APPLY TO THE POSITION HERE
POLICY ON HANDLING OF INFORMATION