Business Area Manager – Autoliv Powered Two Wheelers
Autoliv is a worldwide leader in automotive safety. They increase traffic safety by selling automotive safety systems to all major car manufacturers globally. Autoliv develops, manufactures and markets airbags, seatbelts and steering wheels. The newly launched Mobility Safety Solutions (MSS) ambition is to save more lives & prevent serious injuries. By providing innovative solutions for mobility and society and by exploration and leveraging their global assets, competence and safety expertise, MSS has a goal of saving 100,000 lives by 2030.
Autoliv is currently looking for a Business Area Manager – Powered Two Wheelers to develop their offerings within motorcycle safety with a primary focus for ´on vehicle´. As Business Area Manager – Powered Two Wheelers, you will have the main responsibility for establishing and building the business plan for the area as well as establishing strategy and product/market fit.
Experience & Competence
- Having developed a new business/business area (entrepreneur/intrapreneur)
- Established network within the Powered two Wheeler industry
- Comfortable to handle both commercial and tech topics (priority on commercial)
- Experience of developing and selling concepts and PoC
- Demonstrated informal leadership
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Merit with experience JVs and partnerships
Personality & Leadership
- Mentality of a “can-do” attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset with clear drive – commercial and customer driven
- Perseverance to develop a business over time (in line with Autoliv higher purpose)
- Social and ability to develop solid cooperation and networks
- Interest in higher purpose or interest in automotive
- Proactive and agile with very strong drive and self-going attitude
- Solid stakeholder management skills
Overall Goals in 3 years
- 100 000 lives saved by 2030 (currently 35 000 annually).
- Support in creating a sizable adjacent business generating at least 1 BUSD total MSS in annual turnover by organic growth and acquisitions.
- 2030 target is to deliver 100 MUSD “Powered Two Wheeler – On Vehicle” revenues
- Beyond 2024: Contribute annually 1-2% points of the total Autoliv profitable growth target of 4-6%.
- MSS is currently 100MUSD in annual turnover. By 2025, total MSS business should contribute with additional 100-200MUSD turnover in profitable growth.
- Build the organization required to scale the Powered Two Wheeler – On Vehicle business
- Evaluate Powered Two Wheeler partnerships, JVs and potential acquisitions
- Drive product management requirements (based on markets/clients input and translate into implications for product development/R&D)
- Establish and build business plan for the area (detailed short/medium term, long-term more visionary to reach 100 MUSD revenue 2030)
- Establish strategy and product/market fit
- Drive area from PoC to MVP stage
- Seek out and close deal(s)
Placement: Ideally in Stockholm or Gothenburg or possibly other relevant Euopean
Start: Q2 2023
Reporting to: MSS Head of Growth
DO YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION?
We’re looking forward to answer your questions and supply you with more information. Please contact:
Felix Sjöborg Daniel Naseri
+46 73 158 36 67 +46 72 181 14 11